Solutions Support Specialist
The Solutions Support Specialist I is responsible for managing technical diagnosis of customer concerns and providing timely and accurate solutions. This position requires the employee to maintain a friendly and professional attitude whilst working to tight deadlines in resolving customer issues. Cooperative and professional working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and Verteda customers are a necessity. Acting as a central resource for both external customers and internal employees in order to best understand and respond to the unique needs of our customers. Applicants must be results driven and able to excel in a team environment.
- Complete primary intake and initial triage of incoming calls
- Provide excellent customer service through empathy, friendly demeanour, and following established quality assurance process.
- Input quality data in ticketing system.
- Research software problems defined by customers and provide diagnosis and resolution.
- Perform basic walkthrough of configuration with the customer
- Understand escalation process and perform escalation process in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in team meetings to provide feedback and ways to improve efficiencies.
- Coordinate with hardware vendors on diagnosis and resolution of hardware problems.
- Accurately document worked issues and detailed steps for resolution when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications with a technology related emphasis OR 1-2 years of relevant enterprise or IT related software experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Must have basic configuration knowledge, basic software and hardware knowledge, and basic networking knowledge
- Must be able to place high value on the customer’s return to service and strive to prevent issue from reoccurring
- Flexible availability in work schedule preferred
- General understanding of database structures
- Familiarity with troubleshooting in a Windows Server environment
- Familiarity with network concepts including TCP/IP and network segmentation.
- Desire to shadow for the purpose of growth and learning to increase knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- 2+ years in-depth knowledge of troubleshooting in a Windows Server environment.
- Familiarity in helpdesk ticketing
- Hospitality experience
- Experience with API calls and HTML is a plus
- This role may operate in a 24x7 capacity and the role may require shiftwork - shift will be determined at time of hire.
- This role may also operate in an on-call capacity.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com for consideration.